One more indispensable area in any software and websites development process is testing. Simply said, it is verification of the match between planned and actual behavior of the designed program, or in other words, its quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA).
No client would agree to pay for his order, service or product without checking and making sure its quality is high. As for software or website, it’s pretty hard to evaluate their quality level, and only professional staff can do that.
Soft/web testing is usually aimed at checking it for the following criteria:
Obviously, any website or application may have defects or be dependent on browsers, or fail to work properly in peak load times or upon low performance сonditions. Two other crucial factors are security and usability. Our experts will unfailingly detect all the bottlenecks in your soft/website activities if any, and help you achieve their security and functionality goals.
Our testing team applies lots of methods and techniques for soft/web testing and verification. For our purpose, we shall outline here briefly the major testing areas:
- Functional testing (to check whether a soft/website can operate and achieve its assigned tasks)
- Usability testing (whether it is easy to use for the intended purpose)
- Performance testing (whether it can work flawlessly under high load and/or upon low performance conditions
- Compatibility testing (whether a soft/website is able to operate smoothly on different PC and/or mobile devices types with different operating systems; whether a website is compatible with different browsers)
- Regression testing (a type of testing to uncover new software bugs (or regressions) after any changes have been made, in order to fix them)
- Operational testing (real-time verification of soft product’s capacity to operate after being installed on actual Pcs or mobile devices, and verification of a site’s capacity to function properly in the Internet).
Besides, other testing and verification procedures are undertaken too. All of the described ones are aimed at one goal – to detect all the possible faults and to fix them. Overall, testing stage of soft/web development doesn’t imply just executing of some strict instructions and procedures – it’s more of a creative activity. A testing expert needs to have not only deep knowledge in the area but also mental flexibility and lots of experience.
In case a testing task is received by our team, it is normally fulfilled in the following order:
- Test Plan (our specialists draft a plan for testing)
- Test Design (they develop test procedures to be carried out)
- Test Execution (our testers execute the above)
- Test Analysis (and analyze the results).
All the resulting data is submitted to a client in a required format.
EXTENSIVE TESTING LEADS TO IMPRESSIVE SOFTWARE!
There are three ways to pay for our services, namely:
- Hourly payment through Upwork.com platform (the hourly rate is negotiable (approx. 15-20 USD per hour); what is more, this platform enables employers to monitor what exactly their contractors are doing during working hours);
- Fixed price for each completed task, paid through Upwork.com platform. (The price is negotiable and depends on the volume of work to be done);
- Monthly payment (The client approves the applicant(s) to the required position(s) for the project and covers all agreed costs (salaries, overheads, etc.)).
- The fixed price payments, which amount to 150 USD and more, are to be split into milestones and each of the latter is to be paid separately.
- Additional fee to the basic cost for our services provided on weekends, national holidays and during off-hours – plus 50%.
- Only VIP clients are eligible for volume discounts. ‘VIP client’ is a customer who has already paid for our services at least 2,000 USD.